What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. aristolochioides Female

Hello,

One of my N. aristolochioides just sent up a spike and it is a female and I'm looking for a nice male Nepenthes. Another N. aristolochioides would be great or maybe a male N. thorelii x aristolochioides, but I'm open to suggestions.

It looks like it will only have about 15-20 flower so I wont have a ton to work with. And as always if seed is produced half will go to the pollen donor.

Here she is,
2006-4-22_Nepenthes_High_GH_023.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Hi Jeremiah, if nothing better comes along, I have an N. ventricosa male in flower right now.

Fabulous plant there Jeremiah. I wish I could help you out, but nothing in bloom now. I definately want to find one of these lovely plants for my collection. Thanks for sharing! Good luck with your search

well knowing me i also have nothing. but beautiful plant nonetheless. just wondering how big is that pitcher? i know that N. aristo pitchers are smaller than pictures make them seem.
Alex

I wouldn't care its still a fabulous looking pitcher even if it isn't the size of a truncata. LOL But whole plant pictures are nice to help get a perspective of either flower or pitcher size. I have been fooled many times looking at orchid pictures and then to bloom it out and the flower is so small. What I like about nepenthes though is that they are grown for the foliage and pitchers, and the pitchers last a heck of alot longer than flowers on most orchids. So even though the pitchers may be small they are always there and thats great.

I have a N. thorelii x aristolochioides that is sending up a spike and it's a male too
smile_m_32.gif
Its is just now starting to bloom.

I have N. Viking pollen.
If you are interisting in it, please tell me.

Back