What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. aptera

i read that N. aptera has the unique feature of the lower pitchers not having wings. my small juvenile plant has wings but the pitchers are only about 3/4" high. will the wings gradually recede? anyone know?

Plants do not usually develop all of their distinguishing features until maturity. This means that your young plant's wings will go away over time. I believe TyFone is right, though, and that aptera only lacks wings in upper pitchers.

-D. Lybrand

thanks for the replys guys.  Malesiana Tropicals says
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]An unusual feature of this species is the complete lack of wings in the lower pitchers.
you can check it out here

anyone have any info about this?

I think it must be a typo as the pitcher depicted is designated as an upper and clearly lacks wings, while NepenthesAroundTheHouse.com shows lowers w/ well defined wings.

-D. Lybrand

I dont think that the lowers dont have wings...Check the picture again...You can see very small wings on the uppers..If it has wings on the upper there is probably wings on the lowers to...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Is MT the only source for N. aptera?

that is the only source i have found, anyone else know?

Back