What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ampullaria

Ever since reading about N. ampullaria's preference for vegetable matter for their protein sources, I have also begun to feed a batch of green form of N. amps things like legumes (high in protein), chopped fruits, even adding spinach leaves to the pitchers.
I plan on observing to see what happens over a six month period, if any.

Has anyone else started a vegetarian feeding program with their plants?

M

Oooo! Sounds very interesting. Please keep us updated with how everything works out. I am very intrigued.

Hi
smile.gif

If someone is interested about this topic, there is an interesting paper that you can find in libraries of some universities, or maybe also online, I think.
This is the reference:

MORAN J. A., CLARKE C. M. AND HAWKINS B. J., 2003 - From carnivore to detritivore? Isotopic evidence for leaf utilization by the tropical pitcher plant Nepenthes ampullaria. Int. J. Plant Sci., 164(4): 635-639

Regards

rajah

It's look like a crazy experience, but i'm quite intrigued too !
Why not ?, but i think this mutation is in a long time, not during the following 10 years, but a generation.
But Rajah seems to find something interesting, so i'll see....

See You !

Back