What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ampullaria

Many collectors have N. ampullaria, but has anyone flowered any and used them in breeding?

Just curious if they are as prolific as their species seems to grow (like weeds).

Has anyone flowered a red form of amp?

Michael

They're a real bear to get to flower. And the red forms seem even more reluctant. Rob Cantley has a story about this.

I know Rod Kruger has flowered some of his ampullaria as he's made some hybrids with them, and Geoff Mansell certainly has.

I've heard all about Rob Cantley's woes in trying to get his Cantley's Red to flower, I wonder if he's had any success yet?

The common green form flowers for me pretty regularly on the large vines. I think the trick is to get a good vine going. Any time I have had a fat climing vine start, I have had flowers form. This is a male ampullaria about a week befor the first flowers opened.

ampfl9_17_02.JPG

Steve

Back