What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Alate for trade

The store I work at just got some N. Alata in the other day. There are four left and I will buying them up if I can get some trade offers. They all have nice big pitchers on them and they all look great. I'm looking for a N. Predator or whatever someone has to offer. Let me know if you want to try to work out a deal.

Just a note that 99.99% of the N. alata that you find in gardencenters/homecenters come from a large dutch nursery and are not N. alata but the hybrid N. Ventrata. Without seeing pics I can't verify that is the case here but odds are highly likely.

Tony

I'm also looking for either a N. hamata or N. truncata.

Your not asking for much are you?I doubt anyone will trade you a N.hamata for a N.alata/.N.ventrata.

Jerry

Yea I kinda figured that. I'm just trying to find someone that has one that would start the conversation on what they want and all that.

Maybe you can give more description on what you have? Or a photo or two? Plant/pitcher size, number of growth points etc.

Tony

There are 14 pitchers and a couple more leaves that have no growth yet. The biggest one is about 9in and the smallest is about 4in. Some of the pitchers are light green on the bottom and light red on the top. The other pitchers are light red on the bottom and dark red on top. It's in a 6in hanging basket but the hangers can come off to be a regular pot. I'll try to get some pics but I gotta find the camra. You won't be disappointed with this plant even if it's not too hard to come by. It's huge!

Here is the updated want list:

Nepenthes Predator
Nepenthes Hamata
Nepenthes truncata
Nepenthes ramispina
Nepenthes sanguinea
Nepenthes Albomarginata

Back