What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

myths, myths, and more myths

Dear all:

I have this cephalotus for 2 years already, part of my personal collection. I divided this plant 2 years ago and it has not produced mature pitchers since i divided. Winter and summer. This goes against the belief that cephalotus does not produce mature pitchers in winter. well this one has not produced any mature pitchers at all, regardless the particular season of the year. Once again, this one is for the X-files

nomatpitceph.jpg

Gus

That's odd! Maybe you have a new variety - you can call it "everyoung" or "young at heart". Really, that plant is acting like a 3 year old
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Peter

I am not sure who it was (maybe Wickedthistle) but I recall that they had something similar happening to their Ceph and after speaking with the person who gave it to them they discovered that it is a side effect of TC. For some reason the plants stay "young" longer than normal

Maybe its getting enough nutrients from the soil. Gus I know you're on a quest for big pitchers, but at least this one is still alive
smile.gif

Mine seemed to have juvenile pitchers FOREVER. Took quite a while to start producing more mature ones. But now its on a roll...doing very well with 2 more new pitchers forming. I hope they are bigger than the last several as they are finally getting some size to them. Will have to get an updated pic.

Back