What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery red-leaved nep

Here are two pictures of my mystery Nep which delevops red leaves. The plant lives in bright shade most of the time, not direct sun until late afternoon-evening, and other than the red leaves is doing very well. It was bought as a very small plant at a DIY store in the UK (B&Q), somewhat similar to Home Depot or something in the US, labelled simply as Nepenthes hybrid.  Anyone have any ideas? I think that it is a similar cross to N. x coccinea.

redleaves1.jpg

redleaves2.jpg

Cheers

Vic

Looks like a N. spectabilis hybrid to me..

Maybe with N. maxima??

Tony

I second Maxima hybrid, maybe rafflesiana
confused.gif
Alll i know for sure it gots Maxima bloood

I agree with Tony it looks like a N. Spec x Maxima borone. On a Borone the leafs look a lot like those on this nep hybrid.

Looks like pure N. maxima to me.  Looks like it is still a young plant, but the leaves seem classic to me.  I have grown many many N. maxima's over the years and it looks like a pure plant.  A hybrid with spectabilis would have narrower, less petiolate leaves, and though it is hard to tell from the picture, there appears to be the beginnings of an appendage on the front of lid, a clear indication that it is either N. maxima or N. eymae (infundibuliformis). Hybrids with either of these would cause this appendage to disappear.

Back