What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery Nep

I am rather irked that I can't get my giant mystery nep to pitcher, but at least two others who have received cuttings HAVE had pitchers formed. One of my divisions IS starting to flower, but apparently one lousy pitcher is too much to expect from it!

The flower stalk is still forming, but here are some great shots that CPsinSC shot of his newly formed pitchers from this plant. There is some speculation as to the identity, but I wanted to put it out here for confirmation from some of you nep gurus.

img_0525.jpg

img_0528.jpg

img_0530.jpg

Nice shots, Ryan!

That pretty stripey peristome makes me thing it's got some spectabilis in it. I'm not sure about the pitchering issue. If it's flowering it's obviously happy! How much light are you giving it? I've heard that neps sometimes stop pitchering or make stunted pitchers in winter because of the reduced photoperiod.

It looks like it has some maxima in it.

good lord. its still the possibility of Miranda... but i havent seen a Miranda pitcher like that ever... sure is nice though!

Alex

Reminds me of N. fusca.

-Ben

Here's one of the divisions that isn't pitchering but is flowering just fine!

mysterynepflower.jpg

Back