What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery drosera, two of them.

The first is in a pot of miscellaneous drosera I got at a BACPS raffle. What are the big red ones?

mystery_drosera_1.sized.jpg

And this one is in a pot of pygmies. It clearly has a more vertical growth, and looks a lot different than the pygmies, which are D. palacea

mystery_drosera_2.sized.jpg

Sorry for the photos, but it's getting too dark to get good sharp shots.

Capslock

It looks like a young D. scorpioides to me. If it is, it will grow to about 4" tall.

I can't yell what the first is; it looks SO red. The second one really does look like D. scorpiodes.

1st capillaris? Can you get some more shots?
2nd D. scorpidos

Looks like the red form of burmannii to me in the 1st pic.

I was going to say maybe burmanii for the first. How long are the tentacles? It's a little hard to tell in the pic, but if they're really long (comparitively), then burmanii would be a good guess.

Scorpioides for the second.

Sigh. I don't know...

I've had the scorpioides, and this one has rounder leaves, almost like a tall D. pulchella. We'll see as it gets bigger.

I have the green burmanii indoors, and it is very similar, but has leaves shapped a little more like triangles than this one. I'm going to get a better pic.

Capslock

Could be sessifolia.  The second could be a palacea trying to get closer to the light.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ June 03 2005,4:03)]The second could be a palacea trying to get closer to the light.
I agree the bottom-top plant looks like a D. paleacea plant. I grow my plants indoors by the window, they all have stems. To me the stem-forming plant looks more like a D. paleacea, than the bottom-bottom plant w/ no stem.

Here are some pics for comparison...

http://www-cp.stech.co.jp/cp/dro/D-paleacea_e.html

Back