What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mylar Giveaway - International Interest Welcome!

For this giveaway I am going to involve my new dog, Charlie. He is a nine week old (approximately) lab/retriever puppy mix. The reason this auction did not occur in conjunction with the N. truncata giveaway was because I just got him a week ago today and he is still getting used to the surroundings. What I'm going to do after his dinner is write everyone's forum name on a 3x5 index card and then place them all an equal distance from the entrance to his empty room. I will then let him into the room and whichever card he goes to first I will ask him to sit. If he sits on the first command, that will be the winner. If he does not sit on the first command, there will be no winner and we will wait a half hour or so and repeat.

How do we know this will be random? Below are the following reasons:
  • Charlie is only 9 weeks old;
  • Charlie has never been on TerraForums (that I am aware of :-O);
  • He is easily distracted and may not even go to the first index card in his sight, even though they are all the same distance from him;
  • His training is not complete, so he does not always sit on the first command; and last but not least;
  • How could you deny the honesty and legitimacy behind this face?
Charlie5.jpg

Good luck!

xvart.

Maybe you could rub a little hot dog on my card?

Jason

Wouldn't that make him avoid it like the plague?

Happy Growing!
Aslan

count me out

i mean, in

The mylar would taste great with spam. NOT just any spam mind you -- the NASC Golden Honey Grail Spam.

Sorry guys - Charlie is sick. He didn't have the energy last night.

xvart.

Charlie, You are so adorable! get well soon!!!! and PICK ME.
maybe a small treat under the card with my name on it will help'LOL

Charlie got back from the vet today and he has pneumonia, which he probably got at the kennel (advanced kennel cough, so to speak). Although his energy level comes and goes, I'm going to try and do it anyway (perhaps without the "sit command" since he is having trouble focusing).

xvart.

Poor guy, send him my regards.

Jason

No, quite the opposite. In fact, if Charlie was supposed to sit on the card, DrWurm would most likely have no shot, as Charlie would try and eat the card, and MIGHT sit on a adjoining card.
Just my Sherlockian guess.
Hope the pooch gets better. I hate seeing our dogs ill.

Cheers,

Joe

Wouldn't that make him avoid it like the plague?

Happy Growing!
Aslan

Wow, isn't he kinda young to have pneumonia. GET WELL SOON CHARLIE, jest cause I like puppies

No, quite the opposite. In fact, if Charlie was supposed to sit on the card, DrWurm would most likely have no shot, as Charlie would try and eat the card, and MIGHT sit on a adjoining card.
Just my Sherlockian guess.
Hope the pooch gets better. I hate seeing our dogs ill.

Cheers,

Joe

My idea was that xvart would prohibit charlie from eating the cards. Then, since he'd probably always go to my card first, eventually I'd get lucky and he'd sit.

Jason

Cripes, sounds like the makings of an experiment...when Charlie is healthier.

My idea was that xvart would prohibit charlie from eating the cards. Then, since he'd probably always go to my card first, eventually I'd get lucky and he'd sit.

Jason

Hey everyone! I'm terribly sorry for the excessive delay. Charlie was hospitalized with a collapsed lung lobe and pneumonia. He's back home and doing great! So great, in fact, that he finally picked a winner.

Congratulations to DrWurm! My camera didn't have any batteries or I would have taken a picture of him on the index card (I spent too much battery juice taking pictures and videos of Charlie for the blog I'm starting).

So, Jason, if you send me your address I'll get it in the mail to you tomorrow.

xvart.

Hahaha, rock on Charlie! Clearly you have the perfect dog.

PM is on the way.

Jason

Sooooo..Xvart, did you put the hot dog on his card or not?:suspect: Either way, CONGRATS!
Hope Charlie recuperates quickly!

Happy Growing!
Aslan

Back