What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My vintricosa's pitchers

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I have had my vintricosa since around March. It's pitchers are about 1" tall. They're "lids" are never open though. How big does the pitcher have to be befoer the lids will open.
confused.gif

Mine were around 3inches. It sounds like you need more humidity or light. It took mine roughly a month before my first pitcher open. What are your conditions or setup? Maybe I could help.

travis

Wesley, the size a pitcher does get before opening depends mainly on plant size and growth conditions. One inch is big enough for a small plant. Nepenthes may stop pitcher production when environmental conditions do change. N. ventricosa does produce new leafes and pitchers at a rate of one per four to six weeks. If your plant also stopped to produce leafes, something with your growing conditions may be wrong.

Joachim

Well actually, it has high humidity and it grows quite fast. When it sends one laef out; while the pitcher is growing it also sends another leaf out and so on and so forth. I don't think it's that. But it could be.
confused.gif
smile.gif

Back