What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My venus flytrap is.... not growing?

For some weird reason my plant is producing the leaves like normal except when the leaf is full grown the traps haven't grown at all, it is like when the leaf sprowted the leaf grew but the traps stayed the same size. i have about 4 or 5 of these traps on one of my VFTs and i have one on my other VFT. What should i do??? Has this happened to anyone before??? Is there anything i can do to stop this deformity??I read the savage garden and the only thing that might have caused this to happen is Asphads, but it does not seem like that. it looks nothing like the way the author said it would, so i doubt it is Asphads. HELP!!!!

Did it ever have normal traps?

Sounds like they need more light to me. Are the trap leaves long and skinny?

2 thoughts:

1. Was the plant exposed to intense hot sunlight? (95+ degrees in full sun) Its possible the trap got burnt right at the joint between the trap and the leaf. That will definately cause a deformed trap to develop.

2. Is it the trap that is small and deformed or the leaf? It is comming into fall now and VFTs should be producing the shorter winter leaves as they prepare for dormancy.

Good luck
Steve

Back