What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My tiny collection

CPCollection9-2-04.jpg

Very small, not going too good, but it's mine.  
smilie4.gif

Nice plants!You have to start some where.No matter if you have 1 or 100 plants,all that matters is that they give you joy.I really like my plants,I dont go a day with out checking them!

Jerry

hehe, i think that since checking on them all the time makes us impatient to make them grow!

i started with one sickly Nep from a local greenhouse last October. than i recieved U. livida from one of the members. than Tamlin sent me some pygmy Drosera gemmea...................now almost exactly 1 year later i have one heck of a collection. i purchased almost all the neps i have except a cutting or 2. most of the rest of my grow list have come from other members either in trade or from just paying postage. also a couple of the members here have drastically increased the number of orchids i have and Joe has gotten me into tropical cacti. great bunch of ppl. not to worry your collection will grow fast.

Rattler

I can't see it either! sometimes I can see the pictures people post and sometimes I cant. I wonder why.
but if you want a pathetic collection you have to just look at mine :p
I have 8 species of carnivorous plants! 8!

Ya.. I was trying to use geocities... it's junk lol....

Just found out i been paying for webspace through my ISP.. so now.. let's see if it works now!

Editing the Link above

Krom,
We all started somewhere. It will grow over time.
I too check on my plants everyday.

Just to let you know about Geocities, they do not allow you to remote link pictures. I use http://www.hdpixel.com/ to remote link.

Krom, the good news is you can still fit a couple more pots in that tray!

Seriously, my collection looked like that not too long ago too. It's fun to both see what you have grow, and to get new plants!

Capslock

It will grow eventually... I am building a lil terrarium house for them for the winter months. Hopefully I can give them a nice stable environment to keep them happy.. and also expand my collection all the more!

temperates need a dormancy

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have 8 species of carnivorous plants! 8!

Ha!  I only have 6. 6!
This is for starters....

I sure would love to get some neps though:)

vft.JPG

sarr4.JPG

sarr2.JPG

sarr3.JPG

That's what I got a refridgerator for. College dorm fridge will get some use and not just for my beer!

i'll trade you a BIG ventrata nep for that purp hybrid, CNCreefer

Nice plants CNCreefer. However, I hope you know that one plant that is labeled "cobra lily" is NOT. I don't know why that company continues to sell that sarra hybrid as a cobra lily.

And don't worry Krom. Your plants and collection will grow.
smile.gif
They look pretty good...they'll do fine.

When I returned to CP cultivation in 2001 I had not a single plant. Now I am maintaining my plants under 40 flourescent twin tube 4 foot shop lights.

I have thousands of plants.

I doubt I paid over 300.00 for the entire biomass of them, other than for shipping on the plants I sent out in thanks to the community that provided so much. I think the return on things I gave away has averaged about 3 to 1 in my favor. Give away one, get three! It's worked for other forum members too, and has been called "The Tamlin Effect". I sort of like that.

In other words, if you've got the heart, space and skills in place to grow them, we got the plants!

whats the name of Krom's leaf looking cp?

Drosera adelae.. I think that is the one you are refering to.

yeah thats the one, thanks, hey mine is pathetic too, i got d.capensis albino, typical, narrow and a spat. o yeah and my nidiformis just germinated..hopefulyl soon, i'll have more plants..

Back