What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MY SARRACENIA PICCIES!

ok, here goes! please be patient!
7965174-9062-01760200-.jpg

S.Alata 'red lid' x Flava
7965329-c10f-01520200-.jpg

S.Flava var Rugelii
7965487-ded4-014B0200-.jpg

S.Alata 'red lid' x Flava var rubricorpora
7965745-5052-02000165-.jpg

S.Psittacina f. Heterophylla & S.Psittacina typical
7965939-f5ec-01710200-.jpg

S.Flava var Cuprea
7966117-edf9-01310200-.jpg

S.Flava var Ornata
7966240-5156-01570200-.jpg

S.Oreophila
7966335-f1b2-014C0200-.jpg

S.Minor x Alata
7994053-727e-01510200-.jpg

S x Moorei
Forgot to add this one!!!

All pictures were taken with an SLR camera using a 50mm lens and 200iso film. These are the best photo's I have EVER taken of anything in my life! And before anyone thinks i'm good at photography, don't be fooled! these are the only good ones out of a roll of 36!!!

I have some photo's of my other cp's, I will add them when I get time!

(Edited by RICHARD UK at 7:26 pm on Jan. 2, 2002)

Great Pictures Richard! I LOVE the Flava var. Rugelli,Flava ornanta and the Oreophyllia.

:shocked:
I could never hope to take such great pics! I love your plants man! oooh now I definitely want a better camera and more practice. Thanks for sharing the awesome pics they loaded quickly and were sweet!
Happy New Year,
Chris

Beatiful pics, Richard! I liked the Flava var Rugelii, Flava var Cuprea and Flava var Ornata. You have a wonderful collection of sarras.

Suzanne

WOW those are beautiful plants!!!! And great job taking the pics!

Those are some sweet pics ...I super dig them!

They are all cool sarracenias.

I feel inferior with my little Minolta (sniff sniff )

Ahh...finally. Now I can do the same with my SLR too. I've been taking photos and still think they ain't that great...well, they're not as good as what you have here but I think I've got more hits out of 36 than you.
wink.gif

Thanks for the kind comments people. I think what makes the photo's stand out is that they all have pleasing backgrounds. All my other pictures tended to have bits of pot, labels or buildings in the way! So this time I left the plants where they were and photo'd them in front of the others. A much more pleasing look!

very nice pics! I have a NIKON SLR (4004S) it's a little old, but still a very nice camera... just got a new 300 MM lens on it... perhaps when I get a replacement SCSI card for my scanner, I can put some really high quality prints up...

Those are really gorgeous plants Richard, well done. Well done in deed. :smile:. You know, I'm jelious, I really want to get my hands on a nice flava and oreophilla.

HEY RICHARD UK

tell phlitrapguy and jaie to post some of those pics in the user gallery
smile.gif

and BTW

good picture taking
smile.gif

They are more than welcome to take the pictures for the gallery if they like!

OH.. And Richard,

You do know the famous photographers say they usually get one photo out of about 6 rolls that they like...

So... if you got all that off one roll... you ARE good.

Your plants are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I love plant photos.

suzanne

Back