What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my purp purp

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
pics
feed me
purp.jpg

purp2-1.jpg

peace,
Zero

That is a really nice purp! Great coloring and veining :drool:

Looks great especially with all the live sphagnum growing out the pot.

we had a very rainy season. good for sphagnum.

wow! that is one heck of a thriving plant. :) Very very very nice. Isn't the purpurea the most common and widest north american pitcher plant species?

Very nice S.purpurea I really like the coloration of it very healthy looking.

wow, wish i had that much cool looking sphagnum. i can grow them seperately from plant, but for some reason i can never establish a mat with the plant. it always dries out since its on top. and it dries out again like a day without watering it. does it get easier after it has established in the pot? because mine just floats to the top if i top water it.

Gorgeous coloration. No kidding on the sphagnum. It's out of control.

xvart.

yeah! I have only seen this much sphagnum in nep pots or in the wild. lol! :p once again....very very nice plant. Looks spectacular. A perfect photoshoot candidate. :)

Amazing, i cant wait till i get my Sphagnum Capillifolium here in a few days, gonna propogate it like mad, beautiful red sphagnum it is....would look great with a purp like that....i plan in replanting my minibog plants next year when they are too big for the minibogs, and try and do some individual pots that look like that....

pic in sunlight
purppurp3.jpg

purppurp4.jpg

as for the sphagnum, the purp is potted in lfs and the water level is kept high. We have also had record rainfall here in Maine.

What kind of temps was it exposed to in the summer? How hot did it get there? I too struggle with keeping LFS alive.

And, wow what a beautiful purp!

Lush!

nightsky,
it gets around 90 max here. frozen solid in the winter:)

Excellent! :love:

Thing looks like a beast.

Back