What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ping seed pod dried!

Cindy

Staff member
So much excitement about my sethos flower, its pollination and its seed pod...

Then the seed pod dried and opened up...EMPTY! CANNOT believe it!!
sad.gif

But...the plant has since developed another growth point and ANOTHER FLOWER IS COMING UP!!! WOW!
smile.gif

I feel so sorry for you
confused.gif
- Better luck with the next one! Hope you get some nice seeds and then I hope they will grow into lovely, healthy plants!
smile.gif

Joseph "Pingman" once said that some types don't self pollinate well. Hopefully this is not going to happen to you. I think he said primuliflora didn't self well.

I had this happen and the reality of it was that the pod had actually split while still green and dropped the seed in the mother plant's pot. I am finding this to be the case with almost all my Mexi-Pings, the pod splits while green and all the seeds pour out before you even know what is going on.

When I self-pollinate P. 'Sethos' I often have the same experience. It is even repeated many times when crossing the various Mexican/Tropical pings.

And as Tim said, I often have trouble selfing Pinguicula planifolia and Pinguicula primuliflora also.
sad.gif

Back