What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heyo everyone

Here are a few pics of my pergola and some of my plants.
smile.gif
I'll be fixing it up a bit when summer starts, like adding a shelf on the back and installing a sprinkler system. I'm also gonna try to make the surroundings more "gardeny."

enjoy!

Joel

H_guyana.jpg

Heliconia guyana

HeliconiaRB.jpg

Heliconia rostrata, Heliconia bihai 'burgundy' and a blurry Bletia patula

N_albo_coconut.jpg

Nepenthes albomarginata in a coconut pot that I made with my dremel mototool!
biggrin.gif

PergolaRt.jpg

A look at my pergola from the right. You can see that I have a few neps, but hardly any of the pitchers are visible!
wow.gif
I'll try to fix that later.

Pots.jpg

A look at the floor of my pergola from the left. There are more nep pitchers here. You can (almost) clearly see N khasiana, N Ventrata, N rafflesiana, N truncata, and a N eustachya. There are more neps on the floor, but they're too tiny to see.
sad.gif
There's also a money tree, and the pot inside of the glass bowl is  Utric. calycifida plant from Pyro (it's got a flower stalk too yay! )

Ok, Back to the dinosaur now! :S

Nice... I really like the coconut pot!

You need more plants! There is way too much empty space and it needs to be filled in
rolleyes.gif
!

In other words I'm green with envy.
biggrin.gif

alien.gif

I LOVE coconut pots!
biggrin.gif
It's easier to just buy regular pots, but the coconut ones look so much cooler. I have 5 more coconuts ready to turn into pots, and I really think that I can make a funky wind chime with them!
smile.gif
I'd try to sell them, but I don't know how long they last.
sad.gif

Wow, what can i say... i'm jealous!
rolleyes.gif

Do you make the coco pots from the whole fruit, or just the shell of the nut? It's not clear from the photo. Nice idea, though, especially if you live where they grow naturally!

Back