What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my non=-id'ed nep is growing strange....

well I've had this HD mystery nep four awhile and its sent up three new leaves. The first two were really deformed and the most recent is starting to looik normal. Could its deformed leaves be from stress?
(I know I haven't been around I was in the hospital for a long time)

It could definitely be stress. Or it could be like the Nep someone posted recently (was it Capslock?) that is permanently deformed!

SF

Hey Flip,

Hope you're okay! Mutated leaves can come from low humidity, or pests - take a close look under a desk lamp or something and see if that's the case. My plant had some trouble when it was younger, up until it had about 10 leaves/pitchers. It could be growing pains
tounge.gif

hmm, I don't think its humidity... the other two neps with it are making leaves/pitchers quite well. What kind of pest would it be? now I'm worried about the other two if its pests....???

I had the funky/crunchy blackish mold/fungus? on mine before on the underside of the leaves. I just wiped it off with a damp paper towel a few times. Don't worry about it until you take a closer look. It could be anything from a draft causing lower humidity to just a quick change in the weather while you weren't at home.

Naw, I bet it was just stressed out from before you got it and is now recovering. I've noticed a 3-4 leaf lag time for growing conditions affecting leaf structure. When I had the big water drought a few months back, one of my plants started making leaves with holes in them about a month later, 3 of them total had the weirdness and now it's back to normal ;)

I'm thinking its stress... When I bought it it was pretty sad.... I checked all the plants and I see no funky/crunchy stuff.

thanks guys for the help!
smile.gif

Back