What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My newest addition " N.lowii x campanulata "

N.lowii x campanulata ( seed grown), I have been waiting awhile for this one!
I will be growing this Beauty in intermediate-lowland conditions.

The size and color are already amazing, I already LOVE this plant

Anyone with this hybrid, feel free to post yours in this thread too, I would love to see how other 's N.lowii x campanulata are doing.

Day 1.
IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3586.jpg

dodge ive had mine for a few maybe 10 - 12 weeks now here are a few pics of mine,
you can click on the pics for a closer view, and again when they load.
these are a few pictures of two different pitchers

uphwiz: That's...that's a downright black pitcher :0o: WOW!

WOW !!! your pitchers are Amazing !!!!! I can only hope mine turn out to look half as nice.

Congrats on those beauties

Those plants look great. Do you see a lot more varations within seed grown plants for the same parents. It would be my guess that you would as the genetic information could be very different from seed to seed but I have not grown to many plants from seed yet.

uphwiz,
my best congratulations for your campanulata x lowii plant!!!
Mine is fresh arrived from 1 month and actually looks like this : ( EP Plant )

uphwiz,
my best congratulations for your campanulata x lowii plant!!!
Mine is fresh arrived from 1 month and actually looks like this : ( EP Plant )

Byeeee

campxlowii1.jpg

campxlowii2.jpg

campxlowii3.jpg

Mr_Aga
Italy

Wow Marc! You really get the best clones of EP's hybrids! Your all yellow lowii x campy is the nicest one I've ever seen by far! I used the photo of it as a reference for one of my drawing projects (sorry for not asking permission to use it's likeness).

Here's the newest pitcher on mine. I brightened the photo up digitally, but the colors really are about that intense! The plant looks like it's glowing before it darkens up!
lowiixcampanualata_zps7b131b1e.jpeg

Cheers!

Greg

It's an insanely great hybrid - not a dud in the bunch. Looking good, Greg!

Hi Greg nice pic, feel free to use any my pics as you wish :-))

11348660373_e938611e40_c.jpg

WOW man! I can't get over that plant! I'd take that over a briggsiana any day! Thats really one of the coolest nepenthes I've ever seen! Keep up the flicks!

Awesome, specially the first picture with this "upper" ! :p

Dude! Really... That yellow one is like the most killer hybrid I've ever seen :0o: If there was ever a hybrid that should be made cultivar status, THAT is it my friend.. I'd honestly choose that over a cutting of Geoffs personal lowii x truncata or Rob's royal truncata in a flash! It looks like it's huge too!
Did you just get that as an import from EP and luck the hell out? Or did you buy that one as a cutting?

The one below the first photo of the yellow one is a great plant (they all are really) too! I like the green under the peristome, and the fact that the rest of it's all purple! Although it's hard to appreciate anything next to the yellow monster...

How many clones of this cross do you have?

Last edited:
Dude! Really... That yellow one is like the most killer hybrid I've ever seen :0o: If there was ever a hybrid that should be made cultivar status, THAT is it my friend.. I'd honestly choose that over a cutting of Geoffs personal lowii x truncata or Rob's royal truncata in a flash! It looks like it's huge too!
Did you just get that as an import from EP and luck the hell out? Or did you buy that one as a cutting?

The one below the first photo of the yellow one is a great plant (they all are really) too! I like the green under the peristome, and the fact that the rest of it's all purple! Although it's hard to appreciate anything next to the yellow monster...

How many clones of this cross do you have?

haha thanks Greg, the yellow clone is a big boy, it was the fastest growing of the bunch, out of the 6 clones that I have. I bought it direct from EP, it was seed grown. It's almost 4 foot tall now and the leaves are about a foot wide each.

This is what the lowers looked like
7187868630_fd6687cf0a_c.jpg

7187881400_8f1bd6e4e7_c.jpg

Interesting thing about the yellow clone, is the peristome actually increased as it progressed to uppers, which relates to yesterday's discussion on whether the peristome will recline on the Lowii x Sabre DC cross.

Where as with the more darker purple clones, the peristome was more reduced and more toothy/ spiky to touch

11264620296_4cfe6a845b_c.jpg

Also the pitchers themselves on the yellow clone have always been significantly larger than that of the other cones, but they do seem to be increasingly catching up, I have seen other growers with huge ( almost a foot tall) pitchers on darker clones of Lowii x camp.

Have you seen these? I think my clone is quite similar to this one...
lowxcamp27cm2.jpg

lowxcamp27cm1.jpg

lowxcamp27cm3.jpg

lowxcamp27cm4.jpg

lowxcamp27cm.jpg

big_lowxcamp27cm5.jpg

Yeah I have seen that clone from EP's facebook page. It's definitely got size on yours, but something about the distorted shape on your clone is cooler in my opinion, although both are just killer! I hope some of my EP plants that are just seedlings right now turn out to be that awesome!

That is very interesting regarding the peristome expanding with age. I think it's interesting that your purple clone developed some tooth to it, as neither of the parent plants have that as a prominent feature.

I look forward to trading you my kidney for a cutting of that plant in the future Marc :hail:

Oh wow I didn't know that ^^^ I've never seen a campy up close before. I think it's a cool species and I'd definitely like to try my hand at growing it when I have more space for lowlanders.

And feel free to keep me in mind when you take cuttings :awesome:
I'll make sure to have something you'd be interested in by then lol.

Cheers man!

Back