What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new ride...

Bug, the topic I quoted talks about this. As I said at the start of the topic i'm not a fan of Ford... But as you know the Foreign made focus is better... It's doing great in Rally racing also. Just not my thing.
smile.gif
Don't go and get offended over it. I never said it was slow either. I was an auto tech for 4 years... we had 2 of these that we regularly worked on. so i know the speed you are talking of
smile_m_32.gif

Oh, and the next time you have a forum member over taking picutres of your plants.. have them do the car too.. and lets see if it is "pritty"
smile_n_32.gif

Andrew, the car is black, and everyone knows black is beautiful!

I love the new truck Andrew!

Here is my sweet ride in the mountains of Colorado last fall.

2dcb1dca.jpg

08802f89.jpg

64cb59d3.jpg

Now THAT IS PIMP!!!
Nice VW Bus, I love those.

Oh and for anyone who says they have the best car on the forum, keep in mind I have 2300lb, 500hp Mazda RX7 in my driveway.
smile.gif

-Rail

Wanna race that RX7? We have a 1968 Camaro that is being built... full tubular front end (dropped) with disk brakes, for 9" rear end with posi (disk also), some sweet other traction goodies etc etc... The car is stripped now and will go in to have the body work done in 2 weeks... Then we start putting the inside back together. After that comes the new Corvette 6 speed with the racing clutch, and the 398ci stroker we had built.... hehe Before we stripped it down, when it was still all drum brakes and other wise stock except for the motor (including no posi or any traction decices) we were running 13.7 QM I'm assuming very low 12s high 11s once we toss it all back together.

Wow I would love to see a photo of the 1968 Camaro that is one fav's.

My all time favorite car is the 1969 Camaro. I got to ride in one last spring that was running mid 11s and had a full nitrous system. There are nothing like those 60s muscle cars.

Here is the 1969.
2005-5-24_Car_Show_070.jpg

2005-5-24_Car_Show_123.jpg

-Jeremiah-

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Dec. 20 2005,7:22)]Wanna race that RX7? We have a 1968 Camaro that is being built... full tubular front end (dropped) with disk brakes, for 9" rear end with posi (disk also), some sweet other traction goodies etc etc... The car is stripped now and will go in to have the body work done in 2 weeks... Then we start putting the inside back together. After that comes the new Corvette 6 speed with the racing clutch, and the 398ci stroker we had built.... hehe Before we stripped it down, when it was still all drum brakes and other wise stock except for the motor (including no posi or any traction decices) we were running 13.7 QM I'm assuming very low 12s high 11s once we toss it all back together.
Hmm, it would be a fun race. Problem is, I build my cars for corners, I have no idea how it would do at a drag strip. But I have not come across an old shcool mucle car yet that could even come close to an RX7 on a track. The last RX7 that I put on the drag strip was a 1st gen(FB) running a N/A 20b race motor I built. The fastest I got it was 11.6 in the quarter mile. That little guy was a blast
smile.gif
I wish I still had it.

-Rail

heres my ride..i bought it from an upperclass-men last december, and she flies. shes got a 351 Clevland in her and is said to put out 300 horsepower with the two barrel set up its got. My friend who i bought it from said he had it up to around 165. The speedometer only goes to 120 but she will wrap way past it.
IMG_0352.jpg

thanks

Brad

This is my old car.  1997 Lincoln Mark III.  Slightly warmed over it turned a 14.01 second 1/4 mile at 101 on the local drag strip. I caught a Vette sleeping at the line and he could not believe he got beat by a Lincoln.
Lincoln_Mark_VIII.sized.jpg

This is my new car. I think it is rather attractive retro styling and the ladies just love it...rather important.  It comes from the factory with 280 hp and is plenty quick enough for me at my advanced age.  However, a K&N filter, 71 mm throttle body, underdrive pulleys and a set of custom headers will make me even happier. Remember this...nothing has ever been produced that has too much horsepower...except possibly our space shuttle.
Thunderbird.sized.jpg

Back