What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new bog bench

I wanted to share a couple pics of my newly completed bog bench [click either image to enlarge] :

The main bench is about 4 x 16 feet, with the growing area being about 2 x 10. The planter bog is lined with EPDM pond liner and is about 9 inches deep. (In retrospect about 7 deep would have been better.) Wood materials are ipe hardwood.

Currently the bog is hosting many of my sarracenias and a few droseras (plus the usual tagalong utricularias). So far the plants seem content...

Wow..I really like that. great idea

Fantastic idea. And chairs too, so you can look at them all day! :awesome:

The sarrs looks really healthy.

This is a great display, very sleek, refined. Thanks for sharing.

Very nicely done. Love it.

Ohhh, you are AWESOME!!! :laaa:

The plants look fantastic too!

Lovely workmanship! :) How do I hire you to make me one? ;)

Beautiful -- and not a kiddie pool to be found!

Looks great! However, with all that flat space I know I would be tempted to use it for more plants.....

Hey, thanks everyone for your comments! This was so much work compared to using a kiddie pool, so I can see why pre-fab is a popular option. Still, this definitely functions lots better than trays of plants in the sunny middle part of the patio. ("Your plants, on my patio...they're in the way...") Another marriage saved through landscape design...

love it!!!

That is an awesome idea! Wow

Back