What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My nepenthes hamata

I bought a BE 3380. It's been over 2 weeks
since I've been at my house and so far no
problems. However, the coloring in the
pitcher is not done and the leaves
burned. I want Hamata's black color pitcher. What conditions are required for Hamata to be colored?

Attachments

• 20230126_234740.jpg
    20230126_234740.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230127_113937.jpg
    IMG_20230127_113937.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Patience. You just bought a plant (a young one at that, which will not sport adult shape or colors) with specific humidity needs and a highland preference, within a genus where short-term means a matter of months, not days.

Patience. You just bought a plant (a young one at that, which will not sport adult shape or colors) with specific humidity needs and a highland preference, within a genus where short-term means a matter of months, not days.
My environment is about 66°F during the day.
~80°F, 55.0°F at night
Maintain ~68°F. Humidity remains between 60 and 70 percent. Do you think this environment is okay?

Actually that environment sounds really good for Hamata. Tip: Your Hamata will tell you if it wants a higher humidity by lowering the lid to cover the pitcher opening, soon followed by pitcher wilting if you don’t get at it soon enough.

Back