What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My n. truncata

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Well, after having this thing for a while (Thanks Drew M!) it is finnaly starting to get some decent pitchers. Take a look... (I know there is almost no color... It just opened the other day though.
smile_n_32.gif

truncata3-16-05.jpg

-Andrew

Nice Andrew, the plant looks like its really coming along now.

Darn it! It's bigger than mine by about an inch. Evil! Destroy it!
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Mar. 16 2005,4:04)]I got you all beat, mine is making 9+" pitchers
smile_n_32.gif
Uhm, didn't know I was entering a competition...
smile_m_32.gif
I've only been growing it for maybe 8 months or so... that pitcher is 3+ inches bigger than the one that was on it when I got it...

What version? Uhm... lowland? is that what you mean?
-Andrew

haha its not a competition, I was just funning around. Theres people on here with 12" truncata pitchers.
laugh.gif
Oh by what version I meant is it orange peristome, red peristome, all green version, striped peristome. That kind....
biggrin.gif

Hehe, it's cool.... Drew Never told me anything about it other than N. truncata, so I have no idea.

My truncata is going to flower...oh how I dread it.

REALLY BIG FLOWERS. I've heard stories of flowers puncturing greenhouse roofs.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I'm pretty sure this Truncata is a typical form.

Not really messybesides the pile of pollen on the ghouse floor, but moreover the smell of it....blech.

If you are not going to use the pollen(you probably are but..), try feeding it to your Drosera. Gary Kong from SF does this and he says they "drool" over it.

Cheers,

Joe

Truncata,great plant i have lowland and highland forms very easy to grow just sun,water and forget it.
DUSTIN I would love to see your truncata in flower some piccys please when the event is here.Ive just got a Diatas Meadow form which i know you are growing any traits or is dead easy?A couple of snaps of your plant would be nice to
smile.gif

Bye for now julian

Back