What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My N. Raf did something weird...

schloaty

Staff member
'K. Guys and Gals,
I noticed this morning that one of my Raf pitchers (it's a young plant, with 1" pitchers) lids is closed. Is this because:

1) I fed it yesterday (kinda knocked the picther around like a tether ball...it was hard to reach), and they don't like to be molested
2) Shock from travel
3) too low humidity (not likely
smile.gif
)
4) too little light
5) got too cold
6) any combo there of??

Thanks in advance!

if I had to guess I would ether say you bummed it and the lid broke (I have done that a few times)
or I'm guessing its a new plant than it's probably not in the humidity and stuff it's used to
all of my Raf had a hard time recovering from shipping

Ya its my 100 post
biggrin.gif

Probably just snapped the lid were it joins the peristome near the top. I wouldn't worry about it. If the lid is snapped just cut the lid off, it usually will die if it snaps anyways.

Humidity fluctuations can also make the pitcher lid close slightly. I've seen it happen on my plants, and I believe it has to do with a decreasing water pressure in the plant cells (it becomes slightly flaccid).

Jœl

Back