What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My moss collection and some helis.

An update on my meager heliamphora collection. It's not much but I sure am proud of 'em.
Plus there is now a lower moss to heli ratio!!! I rearranged the lighting a little and they sure seem to be liking the changes.

H. heterodoxa x ionasii
hxione.jpg

Another H. heterodoxa x ionasii
hxibig.jpg

Closeup of the nectar spoon
helicloseup.jpg

H. heterodoxa - making a mess of juvenile pitchers, but no sign of an adult one yet.
hetheli.jpg

H. Tequila
tequilat.jpg

(The big H. Tequila on the left is up for auction in the NASC auction right now if you want it)

Last edited:
I presume that the thin flared pitchers (on the left of the first picture and right on the second) were produced prior to you changing your lighting? These are what the pitchers on my windowsill grown Heliamphora look like in winter, due to lack of light.

Last edited:
You are correct. Those were the pitchers prior to my lighting adjustment.

Beautiful job, thanks for sharing! I got some live spag with my heterodoxa when I bought it and had just been misting it. Now that it's established itself in the pot, it's taking off. I think it just needed a chance at burying itself a little. I think I'll try your method of leaving a little space for it though next time, as I'm sure that would've worked much faster! Makes sense now that I think about it.

On a slightly unrelated note, I just started last fall with a heterodoxa too. It's about the same size as yours. How long do they usually take to put out mature pitchers after they have a significant amount of juvies? Or does that not indicate anything?

Your guess is as good as mine. I'm no expert with heli's. Not that I am with other CPs, but with heli's I am a total noob for the most part. I have been growing for probably about a year and just now seem to be finding a happy place for them.

Damon,

Nice collection mate... they're looking very happy

Intense lighting is definitely one of their requirements

Av

Thanks! Means alot coming from one of the best heli growers around. Still some work to do and more lighting to install to get them to full splendor like yours.

wax those high dollar reflectors to protect them ;-)

Back