What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My leaf pullings sprouted!

A few weeks ago, I took 5 leaf pullings from all of my typical VFTs. Today, when I went to check on them and water them, I noticed little sprouts coming out of the base of the leaves. 4 of the 5 sprouted. I'm going to give the 5th one some more time, in case it's just slow. When I was taking the pullings, one of them broke about 2 cm above where it should have, so I just pulled that little 2 cm bit and put it in the pot with the rest of the pullings. I was surprised to see that this little bit actually sprouted. I kept a plastic bag with some little holes in it over the pot, should I take this off now? Or acclimate it off, by cutting the corners each day or something.
Leafpullings001-1.jpg

You can probably take it off. I took mine off after striking. But, it's in a terrarium, so I'm not sure. Maybe to be on the safe side, you can keep it on for a little longer.

Edit: Congratulations, btw :)

CONGRATS maneatingmoo on your leaf pullins sprouting... :-D

very nice! did you use rooting hormone or just let it do as it pleases?

I don't really like using all those fancy chemical things, so yeah, I just let them do their thing.

Congrats on the successful pullings!

Woo hoo! I can't wait until I do my pullings next year! So exciting :D Lucky you!

leaf pullings

Were these indoors under lights? I'm wondering if I should do some pullings now and get some new plants in time for next spring....

A few weeks ago, I took 5 leaf pullings from all of my typical VFTs. Today, when I went to check on them and water them, I noticed little sprouts coming out of the base of the leaves. 4 of the 5 sprouted. I'm going to give the 5th one some more time, in case it's just slow. When I was taking the pullings, one of them broke about 2 cm above where it should have, so I just pulled that little 2 cm bit and put it in the pot with the rest of the pullings. I was surprised to see that this little bit actually sprouted. I kept a plastic bag with some little holes in it over the pot, should I take this off now? Or acclimate it off, by cutting the corners each day or something.
Leafpullings001-1.jpg

Back