What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My king snake ate it's first quail today.

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    jaws

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I feed my king her first quail today. When I saw her with the feet sticking out, I had to get some pics.

I was trying to hurry so the pics may not be very good but they are worth seeing.

16296849O637875258.jpg

16296879O911810836.jpg

16296897O544283980.jpg

16296929O878409876.jpg

After she swallowed it I thought I would try to get a pic of her yawning to relocate her jaws. But instead she decided to try come after me. She came out of her tank and was trying to strike at me. I guess that's her way of saying thanks for the special treat.

16297006O117908258.jpg

16296989O898370640.jpg

16297047O264686728.jpg

16297059O168505409.jpg

That's just...lovely.
confused.gif

You have a very pretty snake though.
smile.gif

Ah, but real news would have been quail eats snake!
smile_m_32.gif

Or, plant eats animal.
Ozzy, whever you can find me an eastern king, I'll take it!! Beautiful as my desert kings, though different.

Tastes just like free range chicken I presume.

I was thinking it tasted more like a quail that was killed with Co2, frozen and then thawed. Either way when she was done she had a taste for human fingers for desert.

Oh wow, great pics Ozzy. Graphic, but interesting. Have you ever heard of feeding your snakes in a separate enclosure than their living quarters? I remember reading that snakes will often get aggressive when being fed if their 'home range' is the same as their 'hunting range.' Back when I had a king snake I always put her in a rubbermaid bin when feeding, then moved her back into her tank when she was done.
~Joe

I did that wih her for awhile. I didn't see much difference. The reason she is so aggressive is because she spent her first 2 years in a pet shop. People would pick her up and drop her, tap on her cage, ect. I bought her because I didn't want to see her abused anymore. I used to go to this petshop every week to buy crickets. Every week I would watch her, and the pet store wanted to get rid of her because she was so agressive. They gave me a great deal on her, under one condition, I had to get her out of the cage myself.

Back