What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my isopod setup................

just some assorted pics i took of one of my feeder tanks.....the tank is a 10 gal aquarium with a mix of peat, cocopeat, orchid bark and decaying plat matter

close up of the food end of the tank(food is normally covered with magnolia leaves)
IMG_7379.jpg

lifting up the decaying banana reveals red wigglers that also call the tank home
IMG_7380.jpg

on the non food end of the tank is cork bark and more leaves.....under the cork are these guys(was about twice as many but they bailed before i could get a good pic)
IMG_7378.jpg

Interesting but a little gross, does it smell bad?
And why do you keep them?

havent noticed any smell other than if i stick my head in the tank and take a big breath through my nose theres the smell of rotting fruit and such that ou would expect but the tank is in with my CPs in my grow room and it doesnt add any smell to the room..........they are feeders for frogs, salamanders and various other critters that come through my house

Back