What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 'Hans'

How often do the Pinguicula Flower? Mine had 2 full flowers on it, a dead one, and 2 that are growing!

Also, when is it ok to re-pot Pinguicula? Mine came in such a bad pot, there where 3 Plants, (Butterwort, VFT, and Pitcher) and they seem so unhappy! lol! so i'll be repotting them soon
smile.gif

I've repotted them all, hopefully they'll be doing somewhat better.
Also, are you mean't to be able to feel the dew on the leaves of the butterwort? As when I put my finger on the leaves, they aren't the slightest sticky! thanks in advance

Most of the commercial mex. pings found at garden centers/home improvement stores are easy to grow species/hybrids that flower most of the year. The leaves should have dew that is noticeable. The plant might not be getting enough humidity.

Ok, thanks, but how much humidity can these withstand? I would put it in my conservatory, but some temp. get scorching in there and I don't wanna burn it. thanks.

65-85% humidity works well. As a general rule, higher temps require for higher humidity, otherwise the plant can dry out.
The plant would grow best if the day temperatures are kept in the 70's-low/mid 80's.

####, my conservatory is too hot for them then
sad.gif
It goes up to 90 sometimes
confused.gif
So I have no really good place to put them
sad.gif
I have also found some weir growth off of my plant, its like a leaf that has 'folded' itself in itself. It looks like a golf tee growing out of it! Can someone please tell me what it is? Thanks.

Back