What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my granma's hidden orchid

tuyen thi

BANNED
i found a plant in an area where my grandma keeps here plants that are used for medicine or are too big . I found a plant near one of the palms which was hidden under it's leaves , at first I thought it was a dead bamboo but then I saw the weird formation of the roots . so i brought it to my grand ma and she only knew vietnamese so i remembered that she had a plastic orchid in the centerpiece on the living room and took it to show it to my grandma and she said that it was that plant , an orchid . she said she had it for a very long time for like about 5 years . the orchid was very old and dry which made it dead , but i looked at the tip of the stems and they had little green plants on them with roots but i could'nt describe what kind they were so i just yanked them off and planted them in pots with the soil that the mother plant has . so all i need now is some information on how I will take care of it , it seems that the orchid was in potting soil and has beem watered occasionally . P.S. fatboy , remember to get me some orchids while your in sumatra .

Back