What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My fish tank :d

Its not myn, its more my dad's, but i like helping him with it
it's a 150 gall and is chalk full of har coral
biggrin.gif

idk how my dad does it but he sure is good, the acropora on the right was very small when he got it but know its taken over the tank along with severl cuttings from it soon to be the same size
tounge.gif
and same thing goes with the clam, it was the size of a tennis ball when he bought it, but now its HUGE!!!
248DSCN2017-med.JPG

also, what is this?
248DSCN2007-med.JPG

248DSCN2004-med.JPG

my dad saw it crawling under a rock he picked up with coral he wanted to propagate. It moves very fast, considering it has a shell. i think it's some kind of snail
all i know is its not a turbo Snail,margarita snail, or an astrea snail
any idea?
Hellz
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

WOW!
Great tank.

It doesn't look like any of the commercial snails I have seen - the ones you mentioned. Often times unanticpated critters come in with the intended ones, making their appearance later on.

It looks like some of the snails here in the Indian River (FL), I have a few in my bog garden

wow, looks nice! The snail looks like a limpet (NOT keyhole)
smile.gif

its called a stomatella....

They are great herbivores. think of them as shelless snails they have like a half shell rather. They're quite prolific and great algae eater... I have tones of them in my system I love them... The babies also make for good coral food

oh yea if you handle them to much as a defense mechanism they will release thier tail section.... The problem is they usally stress so much when they do it they end up dying

wow, thats cool, ill tell my dad to go get some, the snails always knock over corals when they climb...
Stomatella seem alot better
biggrin.gif

most places don't sell them. But I know inland aquatics used to sell them they might still carry them, you can give them a call and see whats up. They usaully hitch hike on live rock thats were mine came from...

Back