What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My fish are alive and babys!

Hi,when I was in the hospital in june-august Goldie died(my female common) and I thought that Haly(comet male) and ally(globeye nymph male) had died. Well today my dad was digging up the waterlily tubers(He spent 5 hours in the 40*f water!) for me and guess what? 20+youngsters and ally and haly! The babys are already a pale yellow! and range from 1\2-2in! I`m a grandaddy! :shock:
biggrin.gif
This is so cool I can`t wait to see them.

Sounds great! A funny time of year for that to happen...I suspect eggs were laid in the summer.

They should grow like wildfire in spring.

Yes since the female died in august. They are anywhere from 1\2-2in. long and already a pale gold color!

Do you have Goldies Nflytrap?

Yep I do. In a pond(prolly aaround 1500 gallons or more) my oldest female is probably around 6-7 inches(5 years old). The body count is always going up and down because new fish were added this year and I had an accident involving chlorine poisoning-so I'm kinda unsure who or how old is the oldest now...
confused.gif

Cool mine will be 3 in the spring:)

Moms into tropicals....I have a pleco.

I oughtta talk with your mom then...LOL

You know what kind of tropicals she keeps by any chance?

@ rio d jenaro and 1 black skirt tetra,and 2 Corydoras aenus albino. Btw.My mom`s hardly on the forums but shes D_capensis.

Back