What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first utric

Hi,

A friend gave me a cutting of a native (southeastern Texas) aquatic Utric that he grows. He collected it and thinks it is U. inflata. My question is, do I need to grow it in soft acid water or is hard alkaline water ok? It is a lovely plant. I have U. gibba (I guess) in a couple of my fish tanks and it prefers the soft acid water tanks. Thanks.

Bobby

Soft acid water for sure
smile.gif
Grow it like gibba except always keep the water deepish (that is assuming you grow gibba as a sub-affixed.)

Hi,

My U. inflata cutting is putting up a bloom spike!!!!
alien.gif
. I think the flowers will be yellow. it seems to be pigging out on small daphnia I raise for my fish. All its traps are bright orange now -- the color of the daphnia. Yippee.

Bobby
tounge.gif

I been trying to culture daphnia and brine shrimp, I was wondering if you could help me on it. Its hard to feed them or something, they just always end up dying before anything else happens.

Back