What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first plants are here!

Great beginners plants. Although I do have to say, why the :censor: are you growing them in some sort of enclosure?!?!?! ??? All of those plants will thrive on a windowsill or in a low humidity environment. Especially where you got them from, they are all ready to go! Take them out of the terrarium!!! Trust me, with those guys you will be much more successful in normal household conditions. People don't give Nepenthes the credit they deserve, they can be very resilient!

Great beginners plants. Although I do have to say, why the :censor: are you growing them in some sort of enclosure?!?!?! ??? All of those plants will thrive on a windowsill or in a low humidity environment. Especially where you got them from, they are all ready to go! Take them out of the terrarium!!! Trust me, with those guys you will be much more successful in normal household conditions. People don't give Nepenthes the credit they deserve, they can be very resilient!

The enclosure is temperary... Untill I can build a plant rack too keep them on. My house has only the one usable window... and there is really no "sill" to set them on, so thats why the enclosure.

Plus I love tinkering with enclosures like this and controlling the enviroment... (must be some kind of complex) lol But seriously though I understand that they are all hardy plants ( the reason I picked them) Thanks for the input though... I always appreciate others opinions.

Nice plants, congrats! =)

Thanks Quinn I appreciate it

That poi dog is pretty! If you want an actual N. alata I might be able to help you out in the spring, or send you a few links.

Congrats on your first plants! And I must say, you picked good ones to start with.

@ Wire Man: Thanks a bunch, I would definetly be interested in one this spring.... Hopefully even by then I might have something to trade.:) will just have to see how my collection grows till then lol

@ Unstuckin Time: Thanks I appreciate it!

Back