What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's see if this works...

Here's a picture of most of my plants
CPs.jpg

N. truncata
n.truncata.jpg

N. alata I saved this plant from a nursury. When I bought it it had little small green pitchers (it was mature)
n.alata.jpg

N. spathulata x truncata
nspath-x-trunc.jpg

N. albomarginata x veitchii
n.albo-x-veitch.jpg

That's all of my pictures. Let me know what you think (that is if it worked)
confused.gif

Also, thanks to PFT for the web space to post theese pictures on. I appreciate it greatly.
smile.gif

-Hamata
alien.gif

Hamata,

Nice pics! Those are some handsome plants there. Those are huge photos, however, and those out there without fast internet connections are going to suffer a bit.

Normally, I try to resize my photos down to 640x480 at biggest. I'm not sure what the common protocol is, however, and personally, I like to see 'em big like yours, but I have fast connections at work and home.

Capslock

Very nice hamata. Nice collection of Nepenthes u got there. The Truncata looks nice.
biggrin.gif

Really nice looking plants you've got there, Hamata.
smile.gif

I'm with Caps though...the size of the pics are waaay too large. They are approximately 3.5MB in file size and 17.7" in physical width. That's HUGE! I assume you were using a digital camera. Most people don't realize how large these photos are when they are set to a high resolution on a camera. Thats a good resolution for printing but for the internet a low setting works much better. Faster uploads and downloads.

I usually keep a high res version for printing and then resize my photos down to about 7" width for internet use. Most digital cameras come with some kind of image editing program which should allow you to resize your pics. Then everyone can see your whole picture without having to scroll from side to side.

Just a suggestion! Nice pics though. Good job!
smile.gif

Suzanne

Sorry about that. The pictures looked a lot smaller in my Photo Studio. I'll make shure to reduce the size of my pictures next time and expiriment with what works best>

Regards, Hamata
smile.gif

Very nice! Looks like you have some very healthy plants! Keep up the great work!
kevin

Back