What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I could not find small hanging pots, so I made this 4" pot for my Nepenthes rafflesiana. Just moved it to the windowsill 2 days ago. When I got it, it was so small I kept it in the terrarium for 2 months to get a little size.

post-24-1088733880.jpg

Here is my Nepenthes sanguinea.

post-24-1088733943.jpg

I believe this on to be Nepenthes khasiana x ventricosa or maybe Nepenthes khasiana x maxima.

post-24-1088734042.jpg

And here is the Nepenthes 'ventrata'. I've been thinking of taking some cuttings.

post-24-1088734250.jpg

If you're taking cuttings, put me down for some! I don't have a ventrata yet, and I know I should! Where'd you get the plants by the way?

Thanks,
Craig

I still say put the pot on the floor and let it go nuts.
smile.gif

Hey Neplover,
the pic labled
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I believe this on to be Nepenthes khasiana x ventricosa or maybe Nepenthes khasiana x maxima.
Is what you just got.

Elgecko, I'm fairly sure this is N. x 'Emmarene' (ventricosa x khasiana). There's a thread so labled somewhere in the nep forum from not too long ago...

Hi Schloaty
The Emmarene post was mine and i was thinking the same thing, mine started out the same as that but as it got older its true form was revealed.

Bye Julian

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to clarify something about calling the hybrid pictured in this thread N. Emmarene. The plant shown is a tc plant originating from a large nursery in Belgium. They sell the plant as N. tobaica. It obviously is not. The exact parentage is proprietary information-in other words, they will not divulge the parentage or how it was derived.
N. Emmarene is a hybrid between two known clones of N. ventricosa and N. khasiana. N. Emmarene is a grex name-the cross was made by a gentleman in Miami, Ron Pratt, and he sold and traded the siblings under the name of N. Emmarene. The few clones of Emmarene that were very reddish-pink in color he called "Savanah Rose". The plant shown in the picture here has nothing to do with Ron Pratt's original cross of ventricosa x khasiana. In fact-we are guessing as to what its geneology may be, because the Belgian Nursery will not divulge that information.
I don't want to sound picky about this, but there is so much confusion surrounding Nepenthes hybrids. The name N. Emmarene should be reserved only for those plants originating from Ron Pratt's original cross.

Trent

nepenthes_lover,
I'll keep you in mind when I finially give it a chop job.
The N. rafflesiana & sanguinea came from PFT. The other 2 came from a nearby garden center.

endparenthesis,
I do not want to place it on the floor, the cats would chew on it.

schloaty,
Thanks for the info on the thread. Just took a look at it, the pics posted there look the same as mine.

Here's a better picture of the pitcher
133khasianaxventricosapitcher.jpg

Back