What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My drosera venusta cocciculis.....

My Drosera venusta cocciculis has germinated!!!
smile.gif

The seeds are from Tamlin.
smile.gif

They are REALLY tiny, I htoguht they were weeds when they germinated.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I looked closly and saw a tiny leaf with tentacles on it on each tiny seedling.
Thye are under half a centimetre tall and the leaf is barely 1-2 millimetres across.

Thank you for sharing your success story with me, I rarely hear how the seed I distribute fares. You will have some very amazing plants from this seed. I look forward to sharing more seed with you based on your success with this seed. Nice work!

You are welcome, Tamlin.
smile.gif

Actually, these are the 1st sundew seeds that I ahve ever germinated.
When the first few came up, I thought they were weeds and I left them in their plastic bag.
But when 6 more came up, I realized they were sundews and immediatley removed the plastic bag.
I now have approximatley 8 tiny seedlings growing in moist pure peat.
smile.gif

Thank you for being so kind, Tamlin.
smile.gif

Dino
cool.gif

Oh, I just went to check them.
On the biggest one, there is another tiny leaf unfurling.
It is going to reach a total of 4 leaves.
smile.gif

All the others have 2-3 leaves.

The venusta seeds you sent me tamlin also germinated as well. I can't recall the species but the brazilian sundews also started sprouting.
Oh yeah, I've been DYING for a tuberous sundew and the D. Pelta's are growing like weeds!

Congrats Dino! You shouldn`t have any probs with the D.spatulata then:) William,did you receive my sase? I sent it when you first advertised these seed but never got anything. If you did you can just hold it till pygmy time ok?(And I`d like to try peltata *wink wink*).

Thanks,
Noah.

Ah, I want the peltata too *wink wink*
smile_n_32.gif

Yeah, D spatulata shouldnt be a problem because it is from south africa, same as the venusta.
Dino
cool.gif

P.S
Thanks Noah.
smile_m_32.gif

D. spatulata isn't from South Africa, it ranges from Australia and New Zealand up through south east Asia to China and across to Japan.

It does prefer conditions similar to those of many of the South African species though.

Starman, my Drosera venusta cocciculis seeds from Tamlin germinated as well, and they are VERY tiny indeed.

Tamlin, any ideas on how long before the seedlings start to grow in size? I read once that Drosera seedlings can take awhile before they start growing in size. Correct me if I'm wrong on this. Is there a general timeframe on this species given that growing conditions are OK, meaning lots of light, planted on LFS, RO water used, etc?

thanks,

Homer

Back