What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My crested gecko

I've had him for a month now, still very shy. Hides all day, only comes out when the lights are out. It's fun holding him though, he's so soft :) I was thinking about breeding crested geckos, but if I never get to see them, I don't want to do it.

crestie.jpg

Awww, he's so cute! I love his adorable eyelashes :p

LOL, That is a beautiful Lizard. I love the eyes especially.

So you did finally break down and get one. Looks nice.

I've never been interested in crested geckos, but he certainly is gorgeous!

Cool! Does it take kindly to handling?

I'd like to try breeding the Asian Flying Gecko (Ptychozoon kuhli)

Maybe if you had some plants he'd feel safer about being more "out in the open". I don't know anything about Crested Geckos or their habitats but if you provide lots of cover sometimes animals are calmer and actually show themselves more - knowing they can hide at any time in whatever direction they go. Then again they can be like my vampire crabs, I swear I do have some! LOL

Last edited:
Holy crap! Beautiful lizard. It bears a striking resemblance to... well, see for yourself:

velociraptor.jpg

*cue Jurassic Park theme song*

Fury if you want a Jurassic Parkisaur you can't beat the Frilled Dragons!

frilled-dragon-01.jpg

flap neck, running on hind legs, the whole 9 yards except the size. They are still too big for my current accommodations but I'd sure love a trio!

Nice crested! I have 3 myself and you probably wont see him during the day because they are nocturnal.

Hey.... isn't that the one that sprayed "Newman"?

I normally dont like geckos, but this one is very very cool. Has the cutes face.

Back