What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My cp trip

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
One of my coworkers invited me to his property to look for cp's. I didn't find any, but I found some other interesting things. There were a lot of huge spiders. Here's some of the ones I found.
15174005O290670953.jpg

15174119O342111259.jpg

15174152O780197742.jpg

After I took the pics of this next spider, I jumped a big ditch that was just passed it because i saw a clear sunny area behind it. It was just a soybean field. So I jumped back across the ditch and I walked right into this guys web. It ended up on the back of my neck. Trust me that wasn't a good feeling.

15175284O317256742.jpg

15175202O435175594.jpg

15175152O288637024.jpg

15175353O572198390.jpg

15175940O250216168.jpg

15175935O833097329.jpg

I also found the bones of some animal.
15175921O608775311.jpg

15174137O699297382.jpg

I also found an awsome plant that didn't like me very much. you can read about it here though.

Plant with an atitude!

I've seen these type of Argiope spiders a few years ago at my aunt's farm in PA. They are GIGANTIC! The eggs were about the size of golf balls and the webs were like fishing line with wicked zig-zag patterns across the webbing... GAH!

awesome! spiders rock. I hate walking along and getting spiderwebs in my face though.

Those were HUGE. Would hate to get them riled up.

Good lord! They're awesome spiders, but I'd be scared out of my mind if I found one
smile_k_ani_32.gif

lol @ Bruce...good one!
laugh.gif

Well that totally grossed me out.
confused.gif
I saw a HUGE golden orb in my garden last year and then found another HUGE spider (don't know what it was) just a few feet away. If one of those had gotten on my neck...I would have died...
smile_t_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Aug. 07 2005,9:04)]I also found the bones of some animal.
15175921O608775311.jpg

15174137O699297382.jpg

I also found an awsome plant that didn't like me very much. you can read about it here though.

Plant with an atitude!
Those are cow skulls and bones, theres loads of them in Bosnia

There was a cow pasture just beside where I found this. I had thought it was either a deer or cow. it was easy to see it was a plant eater.

Beautiful spidey pics. I share PAK's phobia though--hated them since I was a kid and had an encounter with a black widow.

really? what happened?
my mom was bitten by a black widow, and she was allergic to the antivenom, so they had to wait it out. She said it hurt like hell.
But she's not scared of spiders and even likes them. (although she's weary of black widows lol)
I heard that black widow bites are some of the most painful things known to man.

First one looks like a banana spider! I wish we had those here(we do have a smaller version that builds webs maybe 5-8 feet across.. I read somewhere that some people have been bit on the face by running into the web with the spider on the other side...no doubt these are big spiders.

Here we call them writing spiders because some of the webs look like they have writing in them.
I have no idea what the one that looks like a tick with spikes is. I've always wondered what they are called.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Aug. 08 2005,10:35)]really? what happened?
my mom was bitten by a black widow, and she was allergic to the antivenom, so they had to wait it out. She said it hurt like hell.
But she's not scared of spiders and even likes them. (although she's weary of black widows lol)
I heard that black widow bites are some of the most painful things known to man.
That's the funny thing--the spider didn't bite me! I recognized the hourglass shape on the underside. The spider was in a web in an apple tree that I had climbed. I had a brick in my hand to build a tree house--a real one, with bricks and mortar--when I saw the spider and dropped the brick. My brother was under the tree, but no, I didn't kill him; I only gashed his forehead enough for a hospital visit. And that is what started my spider phobia!
smile_n_32.gif

ouch! that must have hurt. I've seen a lot of black widows (there are tons of them in Mexico) but they've never been as close to my hand as yours was... although I was gathering up leaves one day and there was a redback spider (relative of black widows, I don't know how venomous they are) and it crawled on my hand. At first I was unnerved but it didn't do anything.

JBL...nice of you to let your brother carry around for life a reminder of YOUR fear of spiders. lol

Here is a great site on spiders. Its an AU site but this page is for US spiders. I think that spiny one is a Jewelled spider. Creepy...

Lots of good pics and info here:

http://www.rochedalss.qld.edu.au/stand.htm

Hope you don't feel anything tickling your neck while you look at that page. hehe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Aug. 09 2005,11:56)]JBL...nice of you to let your brother carry around for life a reminder of YOUR fear of spiders.  lol
No, really, I felt so bad for him, and I was so scared that he would die that I think that caused my fear of spiders. A similar thing happened to cause my fear of horses. We were riding together on one--I was on the front, he was on the rear--when he fell off the back and cracked his head again. I've been afraid of horses ever since, but he now owns three. Just be glad that you're not related to me PAK!
smile_m_32.gif

OMG JBL you're gonna kill him
smile_n_32.gif
 When I was 10 or so my parents and I were in the living room and we saw a spider in the corner on the ceiling.It didn't look very nice so my dad caught it using a glass and his hand.He then took it into the woods and released it.Turns out it was a Black Widow,and we don't have then here in Canada,so we didn't know how it got here.Next day in the paper it said that someone had accidentally brought back some Black Widows from somewhere and they got loose so be careful! ~Niki~

hmph.. Nevermind.
Delete me.. I was in the wrong topic. =)

Back