What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My carnivorous plant website, san diego carnivores

lol

BANNED
Finally, after years of trying, it works. Here is my website.

Beta version:1

http://www.freewebs.com/sancarn

Please explore and tell me what you think so far
biggrin.gif

Thank you. The nepenthes page has been added under the "about cps" section. The rest is coming soon.

Good job,keep up the good work.Keep us posted when you add more to your site.

Jerry

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] The nepenthes page has been added under the "about cps" section.
All I see is the main page. Where is the rest of it?

It would probably be easier to just learn HTML. It'll take half a day to learn enough to "get by", and you'll wonder why you ever messed with one of those publishing programs. Unless they show you the code simultaneously (e.g. Dreamweaver), they really just keep you in the dark and leave you open to frustration after frustration.

I agree with endparenthesis. HTML is well worth the effort to learn, and allows so much more flexibility in design. If you really want to get into it, learn a scripting language like JavaScript, which will allow you to have even more control over your pages. Then you can move on to a server-side scripting language like PHP, then....

#data feed terminated

ok, i'm done now....
smile_n_32.gif

Hehe, glad you like it so far.  The sales and about me pages have been added.

***edit***

Can everybody see the sales, about me, and about cps/nepenthes pages?

Can everybody see the sales, about me, and about cps/nepenthes pages?

No! Maybe you didn't upload it to the server - most of the page is blank with one picture of the nice nep.
Matt

That doesn't make any sence. I uploaded all the publisher made web pages, complete with the appropriate hyper links to the pages. It works just fine for me. I know they should work because of the internet address in the hyperlink is wrong, you'll get an error page. You will get that message for every page but the ones I listed above. Hehe, check again and get back to me if you could
smile.gif

A look at the HTML (which is seriously bogged down... wow) suggests that your links are fine... the files that the broken links are pointing to either don't have those names or don't exist on the server.

... What? All the file names and paths match. All the links work from me on the website (well, to the pages that I actualy made so far), but apparently you can't see?

Try http://www.freewebs.com/sancarn/index.htm

Oh, I guess I was referring to pages you haven't made yet.

If you can go online and see it, there's really nothing (well, 'cept caching or DNS issues) that would cause other people not to see it, so you don't really need to worry about that.

Updated my site today. I added a bunch of nepenthes species under "about cps" . Tell me what you think so far, thanks
biggrin.gif

Still can't see anything except the main page. And it is pretty empty. Also, I use mozilla firefox browser. Internet explorer was causing me lots of problems. I wonder if it is a browser issue.

It's an HTML-generating-program-that-has-no-idea-what-it's-doing issue, really.

Forget to add; for those who use INTERNET EXPLORER, my website is updated. Other browsers wont work. IE works just fine though.

Yeah, in IE it works, but not in firefox. I'll try Konqueror later. Nice site, btw.

Back