What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My capensis is dying

i got some capensis who arived five days ago and are doing horrible , all growth is going black and the new growth have black tips, is there a way to save them or are they doomed to a hidious and agonizing death?

smile_o_32.gif

I'd love to help you out, but I need more info first. What conditions are you growing them in?

well,partial sun, 5 hours of direct sun the rest in dense shade,thier medium is lfs mixed with peat. they are in an undrained container, I water weekly, the temperatures are in the 90's. i belive this is a fungus, they arived to my house bare root so shipping could have caused stress.

Suggest you transplant into fresh medium with drainage, sounds like possible root rot.

Yeah, I agree with you Tamlin. I never use undrained containers for my plants, simply because it puts them at risk for root rot.

oh no, well i beter start making coffens, i transplanted them today, thank you for your help leapardgecko and talim.

No problem Santiago. I hope your plants pull out of their rut!

Back