What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My bryophillium grow list!

Ok,here it goes......

Description:These plants grow in a tree form,grow baby plants at the leaf tips\edges,and are quite beutiful.

Care:plant in a pot of well draining houseplant soil,place on a sunny windowsill,let dry slightly between waterings,fertilize with a water soluble fertilizer every other month,and enjoy!

Propagation:Easy take a few plantlets off the leaves and place them on moist houseplant soil .In part sun.Thats it!

Species:k.pinnata,k.diagramata(sp),k.tubeflera,k."hughtons hybrid".

Source:Just pm. me!

If any body has anything to add let me know!
wink.gif

Nothing to add, just wanted to let you know the correct spelling is: Bryophyllum

I grow B. daigremontianum. Its a beautiful plant, although way too prolific
wink.gif

Someone gave me a leaf recently with some plantlets on it. No idea which species though. Maybe I'll take a photo of it at the weekend to post.
Happy growing,
Neil.

They are neat plants, but they can become rampant weeds in collections: I spend hours weeding them out of my succulent pots.

I grow a pot of them kept well apart from my other plants for the flowers which are produced in the short days of winter. These are very beautiful, but the plant needs uninterupted darkness from sunset until dawn, much the same as Xmas cactus: even brief flashes of light will inhibit their flowering.

Does anybody know what species this is or is it too young to tell? Personally I don't know much about Bryophyllum.
How big do they grow?
bryophyllum.jpg

Looks like a d.diagremateum (sp.) to me but it`s a little young to tell.

Back