What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Bog gardens in Zone 5 Massachusetts - just uncovered the pitchers

jeffnboston20

Jeffnboston2002
IMG00099-20110427-1018.jpg

jeffnboston2002

jeffnboston2002

IMG00107-20110510-1751.jpg

I visited the new england wild flower society and picked up a tray full of Sarracenia rubra's and alata's. I can fit a few more but I cleaned them out. These newbies are just waking up and will be surrounded by s. moss shortly.

Last edited:
Think you may have forgotten the rest of the post here Jeff. I'd love to see it though!

nice... so how did you overwinter these guys

Leaves, leaves and more leaves for the pitchers. The traps in the bog bowl are new

Cool update in about 2-3 months. :)

So what plants do you have in there? Did you have any losses?

I'll bet those will look very nice in a few months.

I live in zone five as well. When do you know to take the leaves off? Is there some sort of more-hardy plant (like the oaks trees, or anything else native here) that starts to break its dormancy that lets you know when you should uncover your bogs?

Thanks
CJ

It is too early to tell if I have lost anything. I am hoping it stays warm enough here to avoid cold damage.

Plants in the bog are:
Sarracenia ladybug
Sarracenia leucophylla 'Tarnok'
Sarracenia "Dana's Delight"
Sarracenia purpurea

There may be 1 or 2 more in the hodge podge bog.

A neighbor was giving away a pond container and I snagged it. Now the question, What do I fill it with - donations and ideas welcome.

Zone 5

new picture and bog inserted into first post

wowza--- so what do plants run at those shows/markets?

Back