What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My baby drosera is flowering

At least I think it is. Much to my surprise, my baby spatulata sundew came out of its relative dormancy and now I've got a very thin but somewhat long thing stemming out of the center, and definetely looks different from the normal leaves.

My question is, is it okay to let it bloom, or should I cut it off before the flower bit develops? Will the small size and youth of the plant allow it to sustain a flower, or will it kill it off?

Depends, if it is a easy to grow plant like spat then its most likely fine. I've had lots of immature plants flower successfully including a baby vft. Sadly it was the only one flowering and didn't make any seeds
smile_h_32.gif

I haven't had a baby plant flower before, but i'd assume that when they are young, it may exhaust them too much, and when they are older it is okay to let them flower.

Back