What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I started with an old 10gal fishtank.  Placed about 1 inch base of perlite ( I can see a water level of about .5 inch)with a 50/ 50 mixture of sphagnum  moss and silica sand on top(approx . for lighting I have 2 15 w blue aquarium lights in a hood.  The temp seems to stay around 85 deg F.  Right now I have 2 VFT's, 1 Dorsera and 1 Cobra Lily.  I have not transplanted them yet. I have made holes in the soil and placed the entire pot into the soil.  I thought this might help to acclimate them.
Every day I water the Cobra lily with cold Dist. water and mist the remaining dirt with water(dist). Does anyone have any suggestions???

Moved to the Terrarium forum...

Technoracer

Everthing sounds good except the lighting. Venus flytraps prefer lots of light. I dont think 30 watts is going to be enough. Id go with atleast 60 watts.

Mike

Back