What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music

Generally, I don't listen to music in English much. Japanese music is my favorite. I suppose if the Japanese songs I listened to were in English I'd like them just as much. It's the artist not the language.

Anyway... my favorite artists are:

Japanese artists
 Utada Hikaru (pictured in my ava and will soon debut her English album in the states. I wish her luck.)
 Maaya Sakamoto (my favorite artist in both languages)
 Ayumi Hamasaki

English artists
 Enya
 Matchbox 20
 Switchfoot

I have very eclectic music likes, anything from country (ify at times) to rock. My favorite bands/ signers are:
Creed
U2
Vanessa Carlton (can't pass up piano music)
Evanescence
Many, many more.........

Cole

My favorite bands are Thursday, At the Drive-In, Alkaline Trio, Sparta and Sublime.
smile.gif

My favorite bands are :
Linkin Park
Blink 182
Sum 41
Slipknot
New Found Glory
Good Charlotte
Nirvana
Weezer
Alien Ant Farm
and lots more ..........

I'm a punk rocker
biggrin.gif

Generaly, I like all kinds of music, their are only a few styles/genres that realy get on my nerves: Church music, Clasic music, realy loud Rock music, where the singer "roars" and "grunses" insead of sings and, last but not least, music like Thunderdoom, with more beat then the entire top 40 combined in 1 number.

I can see that the teens are ruling this topic. Of secular artists: Rolling Stones, John Cougar Mellancamp, CCR, Madonna, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Beatles, Beach Boys, Dave Clark 5, Herman's Hermits, Supremes, 4 Tops, Tommy James, Olivia Newton-John, Dave Edmunds, Village People, Depeche Mode, Missing Persons, KC & The Sunshine Band, Gloria Gaynor, Billy Idol, Eagles, ABBA, Fleetwood Mac, Cars, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Springfield, Joan Jett, Bon Jovi, Go Go's, Bangles, Susannah Hoffs, Belinda Carlisle, Debbie Gibson, Blondie, Steve Miller, Pat Benatar, Linda Ronstadt, 3 Dog Night, Osmonds, Simon & Garfunkel, Paul Simon, Elton John, Ringo Starr, Stylistics, Slade, OMD, REM, Bare Naked Ladies, Sheryl Crow, Monkees, ELO, 4 Seasons, Donna Summer, Elton john, Boney M, Bay City Rollers, Sweet, Shaun Cassidy, Archies, 1910 Fruitgum Company, Andy Kim, Ohio Express, Leif Garrett, Glen Campbell, B 52's, Ramones, REM, Roxette, Talking Heads, Travelling Wilbury's, Weird Al, Berlin, Clash - to name a few. Also, Appologetix, Monks Of Weston Priory, John Michael Talbot, 2nd chapter Of Acts, and Don Francisco. Never heard Kenny Chesney *Taps at Keyboard, wondering*

I love heavy metal!
Especially bands like: Manowar, Venom, Black Sabbath, DIO, Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Bathory, Onslaught, WASP, Akira, Celtic Frost, Sodom, At War, Exciter, Iron Maiden (old), Death SS/Sylvesters Death, AC/DC (old), Gamma Ray, Running Wild, Grave Digger, etc...
Not in any order of favorites, just off the top of my head. I've got between 6000-7000 records, tapes and CDs that I "can't live without". This is after I "cleaned house" on my collection...

I am not too into todays death metal and black metal (the metal with grunting/shrieking type of vocals) since much of it is not harmonious or "groovy" (early 90s death/black metal was quite enjoyable, inspired and original). The DM/BM bands I did like were early: Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Bolt Thrower, Autopsy, Pestilence, Profanatica/Havohej, Mystifier, Morgoth, Asphyx, Dissection, Morbid Angel and Dark Throne.

I also like non-metal bands such as: Trans-Siberian Orchestra (not the Xmas music CDs), Brighter Death Now, Con Sono, Devil Doll, Asia, The Soil Bleeds Black, Laibach, London After Midnight, Equitant, Akhkharu, The Gathering, etc....

I pretty much like all kinds of music except heavy metal and rap. I agree with a bumper sticker that i once saw that said "You can't spell crap without rap."
smile.gif

-buckeye

I'm listening to classic Simon & Garfunkel right now.  Earlier I had on Joni Mitchell.  My Joan Baez cd's are in the car or I'd put them on, too.  (I have plenty in the house, though.)  Also, Bobbie Dylan.  Then, of course, there's the finest guitarist in the universe, IMHO, my own personal minstral with whom I share this house & my life.  (but not my computer!)
Kenny Chesney, nope, never heard him, either.  (Now where did that FTG go?)   *looks around expectantly*    
tounge.gif

I listen to songs by

Rebecca St. James
Third Day
DC Talk
Steven Curtis Chapman
Relient K
and various other Christian artists.

I think I've heard of Kenny Chesney once... on sale in the Walmart clearance box. They were getting rid of him. *winks at Lavenderdawn and Jimscott*

SF

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SnowyFalcon @ Jan. 03 2004,06:58)]I listen to songs by

Rebecca St. James
Third Day
DC Talk
Steven Curtis Chapman
Relient K
and various other Christian artists.

I think I've heard of Kenny Chesney once... on sale in the Walmart clearance box.  They were getting rid of him.  *winks at Lavenderdawn and Jimscott*

SF
Oh! Rebecca St. James! She's great!
smile.gif

Eminem
Enya
Bond
Enigma
Linkin Park

Hmm, a DC Talk fan and a Third Day fan.  They are some of the most popular of the Christian genre.  But then again lots of Christian artist can't play that great.  That is what make DC talk and Third Day soooo great... they're really annointed.  Anyway my favs.

Christian rap:Cross Movement(you can actually understand them)
wink.gif

tounge.gif

Contemporary/worship: DC talk, Third Day, News Boys

Wow, I need to broaden my horizens; I like hardly anyone.
rock.gif

God bless
Wes

Oh, Snowy, My sisters boyfriend is friends with Out of Eden, his roomate in college is the former lead singer og Plus One, and he also friends with Toby Mac.

Really? That's pretty neat! I forgot to mention the News Boys. They're one of my favorites too!

SF

Oh yea, especailly they're(newsboys) album: Adoration.

My favorite style is country,my favorite artists are;Dixie Chicks,ShEdAIsY,and Chris Ledux:)

Hey,
     I like the following-

fat boy slim
chemical brothers
zebra head
rahzel
crystal method
korn
limp bizkit
linkin park
smashing pumpkins
system of a down
blink 182
bunch of others..i'll update
                     Kevin

I play and perform on acoustic guitar (I have a collection of vintage instruments) so my tastes lean towards music that I like to arrange and play.

My favorite all time music is the ecstatic improvisation of the Grateful Dead. Since the band played for nearly 35 years, and since virtually every concert was taped there is a wealth of music to be explored. I was a vetran of many tours: some of the most memorable moments in my long life were found at their shows. Like the old quote says "Who are the Grateful Dead, and why do they keep following me around?"

ALso gotta love the Beatles, right?

Next up: I am a bluegrass musician, and love all antique traditional music in the bluegrass and Celtic genera. I also am an old folkie, and love the singer songwriter styles: Dylan, Simon and Garfunkle, James Taylor, Neil Young and lika dat. Old stuff from pre-radio days is of great interest. It's amazing these songs have been cherished and passed down through the ages to by played in a livingroom centuries after the composer died.

I also go for the blues stuff, mostly delta blues ala Robert Johnson, and the more modern reiterations like Eric Clapton, Cream, old Fleetwood Mac.

I quit listening to the radio and MTV back in the early 80's, hee hee. I miss it not at all.

You're guaranteed to find music of the following in my car:

Metal: Metallica (Black album and prior)
Metal: Ozzy Osbourne
80's: Survivor (no, not the reality TV show; 'Eye of the Tiger' etc.)
Goth: Evanesence
Punk/Alternative: Linkin Park
Rap: Eminem
Blues: Stevie Ray Vaughn
Blues: Eric Clapton
Christian/Latin: Jaci Velasquez
Bluegrass?: Alisson Krause
Chinese: Yan-zi 'Stephanie' Sun (those from Asia should know her)
Dance: At least a couple of compilations (to keep me awake while driving)...

I listen to all these genre and constantly change the CD based on how I feel or how I want to feel.

smile.gif

Back