What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

music on the web

• Thread starter jack
  • Start date
I have a computer now that burns cd', but I dont know any web sites to do this with. any suggestions? thanks Jack

KaZaA, Morpheus, iMesh.... there are a lot of file sharing services out there that you can use to get mp3s. However, IMO, none of these services come close to what napster used to be. Three that I mentioned are some of the best, so check them out if you want.

Remember though, you're supposed to buy the CD if you really like it.
wink.gif

Jœl

all these programs use spy ware...well i know kazaa does. when you uninstall the program the spyware stays there too.  i use kazaa lite.  it is an edited version that uses no spy ware... use a program to remove spyware like ad-aware.  good luck!
andrew

AudioGalaxy was just about as good as napster, maybe better if you go by sheer volume of titles. Unfortunately, it got shut down to. What's out there now just don't cut it for me. I can't find the stuff I want on them. I've had to resort to combing through the unorganized mess at our public library (great selection) or (gasp&#33
wink.gif
actually buying the CD.

Oh yeah, use kazaa lite only, like adnedarn said, if you are going to be downloading.

I have a friend who gets tons of stuff off the newsgroups, but I personally have never tried it. I've watched some good movies that he burnt to CD for me. Signs and Goldmember are two that come to mind. Not theater quality, but worth it for it being free.

I sugjest Grokster. KaZaA for some reason locks up on me. Morpheus I just do not like there new design. So my opinion is Grokster it is just like the old Morpheus.

travis

I'd vote for Kazaa lite. I've never had reason to try anything else. It's essentially the same as the old version of Morpheus.

Regardless, Ad-aware is an essential piece of software. You'd be amazed at how many slimey bits of spyware are installed on your system. Especially if you, or someone who uses your stuff, doesn't know about the risks.

KaZaA and winmx are the two best file sharing programs.
Go to downloads.com to get them.
biggrin.gif

Ad-aware is the best software I've ever downloaded. I run it everytime I install a new program especially if it was one I got off the net. You'll be amazed at who slips spyware in with their programs. Some programs won't run though if you disable the spyware. But there's plenty out there that will
biggrin.gif

yeah bck is right. kazaa is one of them. but kazaa lite has a fake file that will be found by ad-aware. but it is a fake file... so you just add it to the ignore list so it doesn't tell you about the file every time you run the program.
andrew

I usually use www.mp3.com, but it doesn't have many well-known bands. It does have a lot of less known bands that have a couple songs up there, not entire albums. A few of the bands are pretty good. It doesn't require any program except a webbrowser.

Back