What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple sclerosis and my wife diane

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
Some of you may remember that for about 18 months now my wife, Diane has been struggling with Multiple Sclerosis. Still nothing tragic has happened. She is still doing okay and we are both learning to live with our new lifestyle. She is now confined to a wheelchair and I had to quit my job to be available for her.

This past week, beginning on Wednesday she began a 3 day treatment as an outpatient at a nearby hospital. We would arrive there at 1:30pm and leave about 4:00pm. Well on the third day, Friday, she had mysterious chest pains and was admitted to ER and has been there since early Friday afternoon getting tested. Seems she has no heart related health issues, but might still not be released until Monday.
smile_h_32.gif

You are a great man to stand by your woman through all this. It is so hard to have to do it all for the both of you and it's a good thing you are twice a man and then some because you need to be. There is little enough that I can do except to encourage and commend you for your labor of love, and to point out the hard but beautiful truth that there is no love without burden. My very best to you both, and especially to you Joseph.

I know what it's like when your wife have major health problems. It can be very hard. The only thing I can do is to offer some support for you. If you ever need somebody to talk to send me a pm.
Good luck to you and your wife.

I know its been very rough for both of you. Its hard adjusting to a new lifestyle. Your wife is lucky to have you for care and support. And you always have your friends here for support as well.
smile.gif
We care!

I hope they can find the source of the chest pains and make her feel better. I was just in the ER myself recently and I know its no fun--all the tests and poking and prodding. But hopefully they can find the problem and she'll get the care she needs.

Hang in there and if I can do anything for you, just message me.
smile.gif

Best wishes to you both.

Suzanne

Hi Joseph. I have known the most of what is going on and would hope that if anything comes across where you may need more help for anything I am here and willing to help at anytime you need. Keep us all up to date and give me a call anytime you'd like.
-Your friend
Andrew

God bless you and your wife. May he give you both the continuing strength you need. Your good man, chin up and keep a song in your heart. As with the others I would be glad to help where I could.

Joseph,

My wife's mother is an wheel-chair bound MS sufferer, so I know how horrible the condition can be.

Take good care of her, your love and support are priceless.

Best wishes

Vic

Whats Multiple Sclerosis? I hope your wife gets better.
It was very good of you to give up your job for your wife.
When my mom came home after her major knee surgery, I had to look
after her, my stepdad couldnt give up his job. My mom had to use
crutches to move around, it was really bad. But, we got through it,
and mom is better.
smile.gif
 But, after 10 years or so, she will have to have a knee replacement.
smile_h_32.gif
She will be in a wheelchair for some time.
smile_h_32.gif

I really hope your wife gets better, be strong and cheerfull for her.
You can PM me anytime if you need somebody to talk to.
Best wishes,
Dino
smile_m_32.gif

Good luck, I will keep you both in my prayers.

I wish you both good fortune and hope for the future.

all the best ............Chris

Sorry to hear about your wife Joseph. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

i'm terrible sorry. one of my aunts died from MS.

Thank you all for your kind words and support.

They kept her overnight and most of Saturday doing tests. Good news, seems her recent IV steroid treatment was just stimulating her stomach to make too much acid.

Now, thanks to the tests we know her heart is strong. Now with some of the new acid supressing medicines she is feeling much better too.
smile.gif

Now, that is good news!  Glad to hear it.  Does that mean she is home now?

Hey Joseph, that's good news! What a scare, though. I remember sitting in the ER with Marie thinking she had apendicitis (SP?)...turned out to be the same thing.....acid reflux...

Yes, she is home as of later Saturday afternoon. Acid reflux, yep.
smile.gif

My mother has that and she too has been to the hospital thinking she was having a heart attack. Apparently it can cause some horrendous chest pains.

Glad to hear it was nothing major and she is home relaxing... I take it the recently built cement slab and ramp worked out fine?
smile.gif

Andrew

Yes, thanks Andrew, so far, so good. After using it these several weeks now, I think I will eventually need to add another 6 foot x 6 foot section to the bottom end.

May your wife's condition get much better and bring you the smiles which you so often bring us (with the photos of your beautiful pings).
smile.gif

Back