What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mugged

Doing it to "them" first has a pretty poor track record.
On a personal level it works quite well. But you have to use your head when you use violence to defend yourself. Being "aware" of possible dangerous situations is a good deterrent in itself.

there's been a series of muggings and shoootings here in New Haven and a group of citizens have created armed patrols. I feel it will start a war. They called in The Guardian Angels and the have been doing night patrols. Their first night here and they are welcomed with two shootings.

Hartford's keeping pace with four people killed last weekend. Three were shot well after midnight in drug infested neighborhoods and the fourth was shot at 9:30 pm. It's a shame that going out late is life-risking behavior, but a person has to adapt to the environment. If I lived in a house at the edge of a cliff, I wouldn't use the back door that led to a 1,000 ft fall.

The citizens have to do something about all this crime, the cops are useless. When I hear that a store owner shot and killed a robber I jump for joy. Anytime a good guy takes out a scumbag I'm thrilled to death!

Tom

I sometimes say African Americans to show respect. Some people at my school get offended when I say blacks and some people get offended when I say African American.

Ridestsu, poor guy, I hope you are ok. :-(

Show respect? We are all humans. Races do not bow down to each other, far as I am concerned, I don't respect anyone's race becase we are all HUMANS you are what you are, either you are a good human or a dirt bag useless human.

im not a useless dirtbag :-(

what i meant to say was to be polite.

Thanks alot man....thanks alot..i was having such a good day.

I think the human species includes more than just "good" and "dirt bag useless". And plenty of people are capable of being both, depending on when you look.

Back