What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Much thanks to....................................

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
Thanks Steve,
I got the plant from the contest. Very nice plant indeed.

N. 'ventrata'/burkei' - 3 4" pitchers, 3 growth points all pitchering, established woody trunk, surrounded in live moss.

N. judith finn - nice little bonus plant surrounded in live moss as well.

Excellent
Thanks Steve,
Joe

HEy Joe, you are very welcome. Thank you for the story!

Just a side note: This is most likly N. ventricosa. This original plant came to me labled burkei, but the more I read the more I am convinced that it is just a very nice clone of ventricosa. It does display a few odd traits that are unlike my other vents. On a typical ventricosa the peristome will set almost horizontal all the way around the rim. This clone gets a nice slope at the back of the pitcher when it gets a bit bigger. Also the big stock plant that these came from has very dark red spotted pitchers and the peristome is super dark, almost black. If youkeep it in good strong light, it should color up a bit darker then it is, all of those plants were being a bit shaded by thier naighbors.

Steve

Back